新年计划!! (Time for New Years Resolutions)
Eight lucky resolutions, three days early
- Don’t talk about ex girlfriends anymore, try not to think about them either. The latter might not be possible, but let the past be passed.
- Get a “real job”, one that doesn’t allow me to be an “independent entrepreneur”. i.e. If I’m going to keep being an entrepreneur, I want to work with people. My interests are: research scientist, VC, or entrepreneur in a team.
- Actively put to use what I learned last year — “There is no A-game, only the game you train with“; think of myself as constantly training and improving — i.e. raise my daily operating gear, incrementally, but consistently.
- Spend 1 hour a day improving myself, learning new things, reactivating old things.
- Don’t make little things into “big things”. i.e. many times I turn a little project into an overwhelmingly huge project with an unsatisfiable number of dependencies, rather than just doing it. Play the numbers game and iterate. Sometimes I have so much built-up inertia and prior information that what is a “little thing” to someone else, becomes implausibly difficult.
- Practice clearing my mind, and approaching problems as though I don’t know what to expect.
- You never know what is going to happen, go into situations with an open mind for possibilities. Because everything else I already know, and is boring.
- Breathe deeply through my nose and enjoy my newly-found ability to breathe.